WELCOME!

Mind is turbulent like wind but when held immobile through powerful concentration can unlock the secrets of the universe.

This is a rendezvous for contemplating about human existence, mysteries of the mind, and importance of wisdom in daily life. Perhaps when we look at the larger picture, when we are reminded of the true meaning of life, we can strive for a better world filled with understanding, mutual respect and peace.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The temple priest

In the temple of my frame,
I am the sole temple priest.
I scrape and scrub
Every filth and scum
To fashion from the rough
A luminous empty space.
At this mysterious alcove,
I wait with bated breath
For the return of my Lord-
A promise made in Heaven.

I stand guard night and day,
Many an impostor I chase away.
Separated from my Beloved;
Years, I spend in mourning:
With a heart full of yearning,
I await His homecoming.

Neither sun nor moon can imitate
The splendor of His divine light.
At times, darkness comes upon me
When I forget and fall asleep.
Then I wake up in a fright,
Heartbroken from a sickening thought -
“Did He visit when I was asleep?
Or could it be that I failed to know
The many times He came into my sight?
Was I so smitten by the world
That I recognized neither His Face nor Word?”

In panic I set upon to cleanse,
The murkiness of my inner lens.
At last I raze the weedy fence
To let in some light and sense.
Then I stand guard yet again
Braving every storm and rain

To glance upon my Beloved’s face. 

No comments:


Please do not hesitate to leave your valuable comments.

I look forward to reading your thoughts and gaining new ideas.