WELCOME!

Mind is turbulent like wind but when held immobile through powerful concentration can unlock the secrets of the universe.

This is a rendezvous for contemplating about human existence, mysteries of the mind, and importance of wisdom in daily life. Perhaps when we look at the larger picture, when we are reminded of the true meaning of life, we can strive for a better world filled with understanding, mutual respect and peace.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sweet Surrender

God gives us what we need and not what we desire. This is my most common refrain. A day does not pass by when I do not mention this to someone and I believe in the truth of this fervently. My own life is a reflection of this.

Often in life, we end up yearning for things that are unsuitable for us. God in all his wisdom rescues us by denying them to us. A few years ago, I was disappointed that I was not being given my due at work although I had put in enough work. I had filled in well during my senior’s absence and when he returned I found myself back where I started. It took me some time to realize that I was not ready for the responsibilities involved and it would be better for me to wait. In a few months’ time, when I was ready, the post was mine.

On the other hand, life seems to be bestowing us with all that we do not want. In truth, God knows that these are the very things that we need and he lovingly provides them in spite of our own refusal to heed. My most recent example would be my kidney stone and the subsequent surgery. I could have resented this and become miserable. Instead, I remembered this simple message that God had taught me and I was able to embrace my illness. I realized that I needed a break from my hectic life. My body and mind needed time to heal and I was able to do many things I had always wanted to do but never had the time for. There might be more good things in store for me than even I realize.

Armed with this simple belief in God’s grace, we can live life welcoming all that comes to us and not longing for what we do not have. I have left all my burdens in his hands and I am free as a bird.

No comments:


Please do not hesitate to leave your valuable comments.

I look forward to reading your thoughts and gaining new ideas.